No drop-in visitors please.
We offer tours, courses, Plant Nursery, Volunteer Days and other events during which you can visit OAEC.
Open seasonally April – October
Saturdays & Sundays, 10am-5pm
Contact our Administrative Office:
Main Office Phone: (707) 874 – 1557 x 101
OAEC Nursery Phone: (707) 874-9591
15290 Coleman Valley Road*
Occidental, CA 95465
For Nursery and Parking, please use the second/upper driveway. See box below.
*CLARIFICATION We are located about a 1/2 mile up Coleman Valley Road, west of the village of Occidental. There is another organization with a similar name located in the village called the “Occidental Center for the Arts” which is not affiliated in any way with OAEC. Very confusing! If using GPS, make sure it is set to Occidental Arts & Ecology Center and our address at 15290 Coleman Valley Road.
Public Transit and Carpooling
Occidental is off the path of convenient public transit, though buses do come to Occidental from Santa Rosa. You can get bus information from Sonoma County Transit.
We encourage and will help to facilitate carpooling, particularly among course participants.
- From the Oakland or San Francisco airports, there is frequent bus service to downtown Santa Rosa through Airport Express, Inc. The trip takes about two hours. Car rental is also available at the airport.
- Sonoma County Airport: Alaska Airlines flies into the Charles M. Schultz Sonoma County Airport.
It costs about $45-55 to get from the Airport Express drop-off in Santa Rosa to Occidental via taxi.
- Yellow Cab – (707) 544-4444
- A-C Taxi – (707) 777-7777
Uber and Lyft charge about $125 for a one way direct trip from SFO airport to Occidental.
Guest parking is in our Upper Lot, the 2nd OAEC entrance on your right when driving up from the town of Occidental.
- From the town of Occidental, drive up Coleman Valley Road for a 1/2 mile until you see the main OAEC entrance on your righthand side. Keep going up Coleman Valley Road about 100 yards beyond that to the second OAEC entrance on your right that is enclosed with a metal gate. When you see our Nursery greenhouses from Coleman Valley Road, then you’re in the right place! The gate opens automatically when you pull up to it.
- Park in the upper lot and walk down the gravel road to the Core Area, about a 3 minute walk. You will come to a deer fence with a gate by the barn. Proceed down hill and close the gate behind you.
- If staying for a residential course or retreat, you may drive into OAEC’s main driveway and park temporarily to check in and unload your personal items. After unloading, please move your car to the Upper Lot.
- ADA parking spaces are available close to our meeting hall and guest housing, through the main/lower driveway.