The Occidental Arts & Ecology Center is a rustic and beautiful place to convene organizations, networks, public agencies, foundations and other groups working towards social and environmental change. Just 70 miles from both Oakland and San Francisco, OAEC is a unique gathering space for effective and transformative retreats, workshops or strategic planning meetings in a truly stunning environment.
- The Meeting Hall contains a large 1450 square foot main conference room, a smaller 385 square foot meeting room, accessible ecologically designed restrooms, an office/lounge space, and a kitchenette.
- Opens to an outdoor circular, multi-use courtyard on one side and a spectacular deck overlooking the garden and forest on the other. Designed for seamless indoor-outdoor gatherings and maximum enjoyment of the site’s natural beauty.
- Centrally heated and air-cooled.
- Beautiful and natural cork, sisal and madrone wood flooring, high ceilings, and lots of natural light.
- Fast wi-fi in the meeting hall and every building throughout the site.
- State-of-the-art audio-visual and teleconferencing equipment in both the main Oak Room and the smaller Olive Room. See spec sheet for details.
- Fully adjustable high quality speakers in all indoor and outdoor meeting spaces.
- ADA accessible, all-gender restroom.
- Meeting and office equipment and supplies included for all your workshop and facilitation needs, including wireless printer/copier.
- Kitchenette fully stocked with organic coffees, teas and snacks.
- Flexible arrangement of tables and chairs with yoga mats, zafu cushions, and back-jacks also available.
- In addition to the deck and courtyard, there is a wide array of additional outdoor gathering spaces adjacent to the building and throughout the gardens including an outdoor stage/amphitheater, a garden shade pavilion, various picnic tables and benches, a shady palapa and even a floating dock on our pond.
The spacious 1450 sq. ft. conference hall is fully equipped with state of the art audio-visual and teleconferencing equipment, cork flooring, high ceilings, and lots of natural light.
The building features an additional meeting room (The Olive Room), lounge/reception area, ADA accessible, gender- neutral ecological restroom, kitchenette, and fully stocked mini-office.
Designed for seamless indoor-outdoor gatherings, the main hall opens up to a circular outdoor courtyard on one side and a spectacular deck overlooking the garden on the other. There is also a wide array of meeting spaces throughout the gardens, including an outdoor amphitheater/stage and shade pavilion.