The Occidental Arts & Ecology Center is a rustic and beautiful place to convene organizations, networks, public agencies, foundations and other groups working towards social and environmental change. Just 70 miles from both Oakland and San Francisco, OAEC is a unique gathering space for effective and transformative retreats, workshops or strategic planning meetings in a truly stunning environment.
- We provide three meals a day featuring delicious and plentiful vegetarian dishes prepared by our professional chefs using fresh, organic produce from our gardens and local farms.
- With advance notice, we can accommodate vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free diets. However, we cannot accommodate the many other individual food preferences. Those with food allergies should notify us immediately so that we can accommodate and plan meals accordingly.
- The Kitchen is the hub and hearth of the OAEC community. Normally, meals are shared with residents, staff, garden volunteers and visitors in our large indoor dining room and outside on picnic tables in nice weather.
- Meals are generally served buffet style at the following times – Breakfast at 7:30, Lunch at 12:30, and Dinner at 6:30.
- Organic coffee and a wide variety of teas are always available in the dining room and in the Meeting Hall.
- We offer basic organic snacks including chips and salsa, fresh fruit, dried fruit and nuts as well as a daily toast bar. You are welcome to bring supplemental snacks and store them in the Meeting Hall fridge.
- We do not serve alcohol with our meals, but you are welcome to bring it. Beer, wine, and spirits can be purchased at the local markets close-by in the town of Occidental.