Wildlands Preserve Stewardship Plan
With support from CalFIRE through CFIP (the California Forest Improvement Program), OAEC worked closely with Harold Appleton, a Registered Professional Forester, to create a comprehensive Wildlands Preserve stewardship plan. The plan outlines our strategies for “mending the wild,” as we dedicate ourselves to repairing a damaged ecosystem out of balance, and strive towards the vision of “tending the wild” — with humans returning to their role as regenerative disturbers of an ecosystem that supports life.
Two versions of the plan are available online:
- Full Wildlands Preserve Stewardship Plan >
- Stewardship Plan Summary: A shortened document that covers land management history and high level management goals.
The function of the stewardship plan is threefold:
- To document the rich management history, lessons learned, and goals and strategies for moving forward;
- To create a learning tool for other landowners;
- To assist OAEC in qualifying for state and federal restoration funding through agencies such as NRCS, CalFire, etc.
Learn more on the OAEC News blog >