OAEC is a non-profit education center in Sonoma County that works to promote ecologically and culturally sustainable communities. Learn more.
OAEC - the Occidental Arts & Ecology Center
No Tomato Left Behind
The OAEC Nursery still has many beautiful tomato starts. At our Saturday & Sunday nursery hours, we're offering them for only $1.00 per 4-inch pot!
It’s not too late to plant tomatoes. In fact, planting a late succession of tomatoes ensures that you will have a late crop all the way to Thanksgiving.
Among the C.C.O.F. Certified Organic & heirloom varieties you will find virtually nowhere else are:
- the huge succulent pink pointed Andy’s Polish
- the mahogany-colored deep-flavored Brazilian Beauty
- the cool weather tolerant Scottish red slicer Ailsa Craig
- the orange-and-red striped early ripening Czechoslovakian Tiger
- the local heirloom red cherry Sebastopol
- and other favorites: Paul Robeson, Luther Burbank Red, Vintage Wine, Greek Thessaloniki, Pineapple and San Marzano Paste.