OAEC brings on two Program interns each year to support a wide range of OAEC programs and departments including courses/events, fundraising, retreats, and communications. Interns are an integral part of the OAEC Office Team in supporting the front-line work of the organization and gain experience in the overall management and day-to-day running of a thriving, land-based, non-profit organization. Many OAEC Program Administration Interns have gone on to successful careers in the nonprofit world and have become leaders in their chosen fields.
- 2023 internships start in late January and end in mid-December.
- The work week is 24 hours, the weekly schedule to be determined by the administrative team. Ample vacation, holiday, and sick time off is provided.
- In exchange for their work, all interns are given a private, cozy place to live, community meals (including access to a fully-stocked kitchen, pantry, and on-site garden veggies and orchard) and use of all OAEC facilities. Interns also receive free participation in the OAEC Permaculture Design Course, as well as a $300 monthly stipend.
- Interns participate in the life of the residential community through contributing to the regular cooking and chore rotations.
Program Interns have the opportunity to learn a great deal in some or most of the following areas, depending on the work that needs to be done:
- Provide general support and management of the OAEC office, including responding to incoming phone and email inquiries
- Use and update OAEC’s constituent database, organization-wide calendar, and point of sale systems
- Intake and track OAEC course registration process
- Help to ‘host’ OAEC retreats and events
- Support in designing OAEC’s promotional materials and conducting outreach for OAEC programs and activities
- Work on special projects for core programs as needed
- Good foundation in interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Enjoys interacting with the public and being in the service of others. Prior administrative, hospitality, or customer service experience desirable.
- Experience with Mac computers. We use Excel, Word and Google Drive, Adobe InDesign, WordPress and various social media platforms. You will learn how to use our constituent relationship management software Fundly.
- Highly detail-oriented and focused.
- Enjoys multi-tasking and juggling priorities.
- Thrives in a social work environment, and can work independently and quietly.
Program Adminsitration Internships
Deadline to apply is November 1st. Early application is highly encouraged!
- Download and complete the Admin_Intern_Application 2023 form.
- Submit a cover letter, resume and references.
- Attach a picture of yourself (optional).
OAEC does not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.