OAEC brings on two Program Administration interns each year to support a wide range of OAEC programs and departments including courses/events, fundraising and communications. Interns are an integral part of the OAEC Office Team in supporting the front-line work of the organization and gain experience in the overall management and day-to-day running of a thriving, land-based, non-profit organization. Many OAEC Program Administration Interns have gone on to successful careers in the nonprofit world and have become leaders in their chosen fields.
- Internships begin in early February and end mid-December.
- The work week is 25 hours, the weekly schedule to be determined by the administrative team. Ample vacation, holiday, and sick time off is provided.
- In return, each intern is given full room and board which includes a cozy, private cabin to live in and access to our fully-stocked organic, vegetarian kitchen (see main internship page for more details on our food system.) Interns can also use all the facilities onsite and get free participation in the Permaculture Design Certification course.
- Interns participate in the life of the residential community through contributing to the regular cooking and chore rotations.
- All land residents and staff, including interns, are required to be vaccinated.
Program Administration Interns have the opportunity to learn a great deal in some or most of the following areas, depending on the work that needs to be done:
- Provide general support and management of the OAEC office, including responding to incoming phone and email inquiries
- Use and update OAEC’s constituent database, organization-wide calendar, and point of sale systems
- Intake and track OAEC course registration process
- Help to ‘host’ OAEC retreats and events
- Support in designing OAEC’s promotional materials and conducting outreach for OAEC programs and activities
- Work on special projects for core programs as needed
- Good foundation in interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Enjoys interacting with the public and being in the service of others. Prior administrative, hospitality, or customer service experience desirable.
- Experience with Mac computers. We use Excel, Word and Google Drive, Adobe InDesign, WordPress and various social media platforms. You will learn how to use our constituent relationship management software Fundly.
- Highly detail-oriented and focused.
- Enjoys multi-tasking and juggling priorities.
- Thrives in a social work environment, and can work independently and quietly.
Program Adminsitration Internships
The priority deadlinefor the Program Administration Internship is October 15. Applications will be considered until November 1 – early application is encouraged! Please submit the following materials:
- Download and complete the Admin_Intern_Application form.
- Submit a cover letter, resume and references.
- Attach a picture of yourself (optional).
OAEC c/o Admin Internship
15290 Coleman Valley Road
Occidental, CA 95465
OAEC does not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.