OAEC is a non-profit education center in Sonoma County that works to promote ecologically and culturally resilient communities. Learn more.
Register For A Course
We offer course registration through NonProfit Easy, our online database.
Please note that online prices include a 2.99% credit card processing fee. To avoid this fee, read about how to register by mail.
Please download, print, fill out and mail in a hardcopy registration form, or call (707) 874-1557 x 101 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a form in the mail. Include a non-refundable deposit (see course description for exact amount) or the entire course fee if it is less than $200. This deposit will hold your space.
- Your deposit is non-refundable in cash, but we do offer a one time transfer of the deposit to a future course at OAEC if you cancel 14 or more days in advance.
- When we receive your registration we will send you a confirmation email.
- About 10 days before the course you will receive logistical information about the course.
- You will need to sign a Release Form before participating in any activities at the Center. If you have any questions, feel free to call the office.
Check out the Participants' Information page for things you will need to know (housing, meals, what to bring, etc.) before and while visiting OAEC.
Early Registration Discounts
There is a discount given if you register more than 3 weeks before most multi-day courses and some one-day courses.
- The discount varies for each course, and is listed with each course description.
Late registrations make planning difficult, and in some cases we may need to cancel under-enrolled courses two weeks in advance. To help us schedule courses and to ensure that the courses proceed, please register as soon as you are able.
Other Course Discounts
- Dutch Bill Creek Watershed Residents: Do you live in the Dutch Bill Creek watershed, OAEC’s “basin of relations?” If you do, you are eligible for a further 10% discount on course fees.
Residential Courses at OAEC provide an experience well beyond the course itself.
- You will stay in a lovely yurt overlooking the North Garden, enjoy extraordinary vegetarian meals from our kitchen, and have the opportunity to soak in our hot tub, swim in the pond, and stroll the garden and backcountry paths.
- Our fee for multi-day courses includes all lodging, meals and the entire range of experience here at OAEC. We encourage you to stay at OAEC overnight when attending a residential workshop. This builds class camaraderie and reduces the number of disruptions due to people arriving late or leaving early. You may stay elsewhere if you wish but we do not offer discounts for staying off-site.
- Camping in one of our beautiful meadows or by the pond is available and encouraged.
- Courses sometimes have more participants than we can accommodate with indoor housing. Indoor lodging is given on a first-come, first-served basis, so those signing up later for the course may only have the option of tent-camping.