Program Administration interns support a wide range of OAEC programs and departments including courses/events, fundraising and communications. A typical work day may include tasks such as being the “face” of OAEC (frontline communications via phone, email, in person greeting of visitors.); managing our constituent database, calendar, and course registrations; coordinating our multifaceted donation process; designing/updating on-line and print promotional materials; conducting course/event/program outreach; or working on special projects for core programs. Over the course of the 11 months, interns gain experience in the overall management and day-to-day running of a thriving nonprofit organization. Many OAEC Program Administration Interns have gone on to successful careers in the nonprofit world and are creating meaningful change in their chosen fields.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Prior administrative experience is preferred.
- Proficiency with Mac computers, Excel, Word, Outlook, and Google Drive. Experience with Adobe Photoshop and/or InDesign is a plus.
- Database management experience preferred (you will learn how to use our constituent relationship management software Fundly).
- Highly detail-oriented and organized.
- Self-motivated and capable of working both independently and as part of a team.
- Capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing effectively while working under multiple deadlines.
More Internship Details:
- There are 2 internship positions available in Program Administration.
- Internships run from January 16, 2018 to November 18, 2018.
- Interns will work with Office Manager Samara Seibel, Operations & Finance Director Jenyng Wu, Communications Director Olivia Rathbone, and Program Manager Cooper Freeman.
- The work week is 25 hours. In return, interns are given a private place to live, use of all the facilities onsite, and free participation in OAEC courses on a space available basis.
- Beyond the internship with the non-profit, one of the ways interns participate in the life of the residential community is through contributing to the regular cooking and chore rotations. In contribution to the community dinner schedule, each community member and intern cooks dinner once every two weeks.
November 1st is the deadline to apply for the Program Administration Internships. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis before then – early application is encouraged! Submit the following materials by email to or mail to 15290 Coleman Valley Rd, Occidental CA 95465.
- Download and complete the Program Administration_Intern_Application form.
- Submit a cover letter and resume.
- Include references with contact information.
- Attache a picture of yourself (optional).
Email your application materials to . If physically mailing your application materials, please mail to:
OAEC c/o Admin Internship
15290 Coleman Valley Road
Occidental, CA 95465
OAEC does not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.